I am a returning customer
Your Account Has Been Created!
Congratulations! Your new account has been successfully created!
You can now take advantage of member privileges to enhance your online shopping experience with us.
If you have ANY questions about the operation of this online shop, please e-mail the store owner.
A confirmation has been sent to the provided e-mail address. If you have not received it within the hour, please contact us.
You have been logged off your account. It is now safe to leave the computer.
Your shopping cart has been saved, the items inside it will be restored whenever you log back into your account.
Lionheart Trains Lynton & Barnstaple Manning Wardle 2-6-2
Lionheart Trains are delighted to launch a brand new range of models at the Lynton and Barnstaple Autumn Gala 2021. We will be producing a highly detailed collection of 7mm scale Manning Wardle 2-6-2 locomotives.
Three locomotives, all named after rivers, were originally ordered to operate the section of line between Lynton and Barnstaple when it opened in 1898. It quickly became clear that the original locomotives could not handle the traffic and were joined by a Baldwin 2-4-2T ‘Lyn’. During their careers the original locomotives received a number of alterations, including the removal of the motion covers in 1903 and the cutting back of the cab to improve visibility for the crew.
When the line was absorbed by the Southern Railway in 1923, a further example, Lew, was ordered from Manning Wardle. Alas, with the closure of the Lynton & Barnstaple Railway in 1935 all the older engines were scrapped, only Lew survived to be shipped abroad and never seen again.
- 7mm Scale (1:43.5)
- Designed for OO track - 610mm/2ft radius curves
- Compensated chassis for smooth running
- Diecast construction - boiler, tanks, chassis
- Diecast wheels with turned metal tyres
- Powerful five pole skew wound motor
- Pull out PCB with Next-18 decoder socket.
- Easy, toolless DCC & DCC sound installation
- Factory installed sound fitted versions available
- Prototypical working Joy valve gear
- Fire box glow
- Working locomotive headlamps
- All versions to be modelled
- Adaptable to 14mm track gauge
- All liveries to be produced
- LHT-7NS-001 EXE As Delivered 1897 (Early Cab)
- LHT-7NS-002 YEO Lynton & Barnstable Livery 1903 - 1913 (Early Cab)
- LHT-7NS-003 TAW Lynton & Barnstable Livery 1913 - 1924 (Late Cab)
- LHT-7NS-004 EXE Southern Livery 1924 -1927 (Late Cab)
- LHT-7NS-005 YEO Southern Livery 1927-1929(Late Cab)
- LHT-7NS-006 TAW Southern Livery 1930-1931 (Late Cab)
The Recommended Retail Price is DCC Ready - £350 - DCC Fitted - £385 - DCC Sound Fitted - £500
Expected in stores Autumn 2022
Pre-Order At Your Preferred Lionheart Trains Stockist NOW!